Are you new to Disciplined Agile (DA)? The Disciplined Agile in a Nutshell video is 9 minutes long and is a great overview. There are several other videos at the Disciplined Agile YouTube channel as well.
Our fundamental advice is to start where you are, do the best that you can given the situation that you face, and always try to get better.
Want more details? Here are some great articles for learning more:
- Intro to Disciplined Agile
- The Principles of Disciplined Agile – Overviews the 7 principles behind DA.
- The Disciplined Agile Manifesto – An update to the Agile Manifesto which reflects our learnings since 2001, implicitly apply the 7 DA principles.
- Book: An Executive’s Guide to Disciplined Agile – At 197 printed pages it’s a bit of a read but as you’ll discover it really is very consumable, high-level overview of the toolkit.
- Introduction to DAD – An overview of DAD, the first “level” of the DA toolkit.
- Disciplined DevOps – An overview of Disciplined DevOps, the second “level” of the DA toolkit.
- Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT) – An overview of DAIT, the third “level” of the DA toolkit.
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE) – An overview of DAE, the top “level” of the DA toolkit.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Tool support for Disciplined Agile
There are also articles exploring the key aspects of DAD in more detail:
- Process Goals
- Roles on Disciplined Agile Delivery Teams
- Full Delivery Lifecycles
- Enterprise Awareness
- Consumable Solutions
- A Hybrid Toolkit
- Governing Agile Teams
Here are good starting points for how to apply Disciplined Agile (DA) at scale: