This Construction process goal describes our approach to managing requirements changes. Changes may include new functionality, modifications to existing functionality, or potential defects in existing functionality. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- How are we going to manage work items?
- How are we going to prioritize changes?
- Who will prioritize changes?
- What types of work items will the team address?
- When are we going to accept any changes?
- How will we work with stakeholders?
- How will our team elicit feedback from stakeholders
The strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the trade-offs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working. If you want to succeed at enterprise agile you need choices, not prescriptions.