Our new book, Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working, is now available on Amazon.
This handbook is an indispensable guide for agile coaches and practitioners to identify what techniques – including practices, strategies, and lifecycles – are effective in certain situations and not as effective in others. This advice is based on proven experience from hundreds of organizations facing similar situations to yours.
There are literally hundreds of books that have been written on agile and lean. So why one more? Most books focus on just a subset of what is required to delivery end-to-end solutions in an agile manner. Developing a coherent approach to the complete picture by piecing together these practices is difficult, especially when the advice in many of these books is conflicting and not well researched, often based on just a few successful applications in a specific context.
Disciplined Agile Delivery is the only toolkit available that combines the most effective practices across lean and agile methods into one comprehensive context-driven approach that you can use to optimize your way of working (WoW).
This book is organized into several sections:
- Disciplined Agile Delivery in a Nutshell. This section describes guided continuous improvement, the Disciplined Agile (DA) Mindset, and of course DAD itself.
- Successfully Initiating Your Team. This section describes strategies for how a team can do just enough work to get themselves organized and to come to a general agreement around the scope, architectural strategy, and plan for the current release.
- Producing Business Value. This section describes a myriad of agile and lean strategies for producing a minimal marketable release (MMR) of a consumable solution that is ready to be transitioned into production or the marketplace.
- Releasing Into Production. This section describes techniques to successfully release a consumable solution into production or the marketplace. Ideally this is a fully automated activity that runs in minutes or hours.
- Sustaining and Enhancing Your Team. This section describes strategies that support the team and/or help to make it more effective. This includes techniques for helping to grow individual team members, for evolving your team’s WoW, and for coordinating both within the team and with other teams in your organization.
For more information, please visit the Choose Your WoW! book page.