The Evolve Way of Working (WoW) process goal provides options for identifying and evolving how we will work together as a team. This goal is the combination of two former process goals, Form Work Environment and Improve Team Process and Environment, and it is highly related to the Continuous Improvement process blade. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- How will we organize our physical work space?
- How will we communicate within the team?
- How will we collaborate within the team?
- What lifecycle will we follow?
- How do we explore an existing process?
- What processes/practices will we initially adopt?
- How will we identify potential improvements?
- How can we reuse existing practices/strategies?
- How will we implement potential improvements within the team?
- How will we capture our WoW?
- How will we share effective practices with others within our organization?
- What digital/software tools will we adopt?
Figure 1. The Evolve WoW process goal diagram (click to enlarge).
The strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the trade-offs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working. If you want to succeed at enterprise agile you need choices, not prescriptions.