This ongoing process goal describes how we will govern an agile or lean delivery team well. Effective governance is based on motivation and enablement, not command and control. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- How can leadership motivate staff to be enterprise aware?
- How can leadership enable teams to follow their vision?
- How will we provide visibility to our stakeholders?
- How will we regularly determine how we will move forward as a team, if at all?
- How will we run reviews, if at all?
- How will we run demonstrations?
The strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the trade-offs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working. If you want to succeed at enterprise agile you need choices, not prescriptions.