I recently wrote a detailed article about process tailoring workshops. In a process tailoring workshop a coach or team lead walks the team through important aspects of the delivery process and the team discusses how they’re going to work together. This typically includes choosing a lifecycle, walking through the process goals one at a time and addressing the decision points of each one, and discussing roles and responsibilities.
There are several reasons why you want to tailor your team’s process:
- Every team is unique and faces a unique situation.
- You want to have a common vision as to how you’re going to work together.
- You want to streamline how you work together.
- You may actually need to document your process.
The article covers the following topics in detail:
- Why process tailoring?
- When do you run process tailoring workshops?
- The risks associated with process tailoring workshops
- Planning a process tailoring workshop
- What should you tailor?
- Running a process tailoring workshop
- Documenting the results
I hope you find it useful.